We understand that being fitted for dentures, only to later experience discomfort or improper fitting, is incredibly frustrating. Furthermore, a denturist who’s not the right fit for a patient can make visiting the dentist’s office an unnecessary hassle.
As a patient, you should feel confident and satisfied when visiting your denturist.
Our denturist understands these issues and strives to meet your needs to provide reliable information and make everyone feel right at home. If you are looking for denturist call our clinic at (403) 297-9600 and schedule your free consultation!
At Sierra Dental, we offer the following services:
- Partial dentures
- Complete dentures
- Implant-supported dentures
Meet Our Denturist
Dr. Luke LaRocque-Walker, DD is thrilled to be providing our patients with high-quality denture care.
By focusing on patient education, he provides all his patients with the necessary information that will help them decide on the treatment that best suits their needs.
Luke loves to learn and attend courses on a regular basis to stay on top of the ever-changing world of dentures. By learning about the newest techniques and materials, he can pass on the benefits to all of his patients.
Am I a Good Candidate?
Denture options come in several styles and types, depending on your requirements including:
- Your treatment goals
- Your oral health
- Your budget
Using the latest technologies, we offer the right options to meet everyone’s needs.
It can be moulded to fit your teeth comfortably and are secured in place by your natural teeth or by dental implants.
Partial dentures can be the perfect solution for you if you still have healthy bone tissue and are looking for a budget-conscious option.
You might be a good candidate for complete dentures if you have experienced bone loss, periodontal disease or tooth decay.
They are an option for a patient who has experienced tooth loss due to injuries, periodontal disease or ageing.
While a traditional denture rests on your gum, implant-retained dentures are connected to a patient’s jaw for stability while eating and comfort.
Many of our patients choose implant-supported dentures as they can improve chewing strength and reduce sore spots.
The added support allows the denture to mimic their natural chewing function.
Our Denture Fitting Procedure
If you are thinking about getting dentures, understanding the steps involved will help you know what to expect.
A regular denture procedure usually includes:
- First, we will examine the patient’s mouth to prepare for a fitting. It’s possible to have dentures fitted on the same day of tooth removal. A patient and our denturist will go over the options available for their case and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each option.
- Second, a set of dentures will be made based on the shape of a patient’s gums and the colour and shape of their teeth. While these dentures are being made, a set of temporary dentures may be given to the patient until their primary dentures are ready.
- Finally, once a set of dentures are ready they can be adjusted to fit comfortably in the patient’s next visit. It takes a little while, a few weeks or so, to adjust to a new set of dentures. Having soft foods available at home, and making sure a patient exercises proper denture maintenance, makes for a smoother adjustment process.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions while visiting our dental offices. Our staff is happy to provide information and advice to those who are considering a new set of dentures or who are still in their adjustment process.
Calgary Denture Repair
As you age, it’s natural for your dentures to also wear down with age. When that happens, a repair or relining may be needed.
A person’s jaw bone shrinks after having teeth removed, this means that your once-fitted dentures may become loose and uncomfortable to use.
A denture reline is needed when your dentures become loose or ill-fitting. This often happens if you have experienced:
- Weight loss
- Bone loss
- Disease or illness
- Further tooth loss
If this happens, please visit our denturist so we can refit your dentures.
During this process, we will add a new base material to the denture so it fits properly once again.
We understand that accidents happen that could lead to fracture or breakage of your dentures.
Sierra Dental is a full-service clinic that offers denture repair services. During your repair services, we will assist you with any preventative methods to avoid further breakage in the future.
Some common reasons for denture damages include:
- Wear and tear are one of the most common issues due to daily wear and usage. Eating acidic food and having drinks in extreme hot or cold temperatures can also wear down your dentures.
- Bone loss is another common reason for denture damage. As you age and experience bone loss, your jaw will shrink and your denture can become loose.
- Accidental breakages of your dentures can happen from regular daily activities including removing and cleaning your dentures.
- Clasp breakage can happen more frequently than other parts of dentures. It is used to keep dentures in place. Because of how thin they are and because of the material they’re made of, the clasp is more prone to break.
- Loose Dentures can happen as time progresses. When a full set of dentures doesn’t fit, too much pressure may be applied to one side of the dentures when chewing which results in a crack or fracture.
A person always has options when it comes to how their teeth look and function.
Call us at 403-297-9600 to schedule an appointment and begin the process of getting dentures that are a perfect match for you.
Evening & Weekend Appointment
We understand that you are busy and don’t always have time to visit a dentist for a routine checkup in the middle of your Monday. That’s why we offer extended hours from 7:00 AM to 8:30 PM Monday through Thursday.
We are also open all throughout the weekend. That’s right, we’re open every day of the week.
Direct Billing To Insurance Plans
To support our clients, we offer direct billing, predeterminations of treatments, and financial arrangements to all our patients to ensure smooth and easy payment transactions.
Payment Plans & Financing Available
We understand that dental services can be an unexpected expense. That’s why we offer flexible payment plans and options to suit our patients’ needs. Speak with one of our dental assistants to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Especially after first being fitted for dentures, and with lower dentures, which come loose easier, focus on eating food that is soft and easy to chew. Here are some examples of denture-friendly foods!
- Cooked Vegetables